Saturday, August 4, 2012

Loverboy*Pat Benatar*JOURNEY

We had such a fun day yesterday! When I say, "we", I mean my mom, sisters, and I. My mom decided that she wanted to do a few more girls only activities after our awesome girls only Cali trip. So, the next thing we did was go to a concert. Besides all of the school band/symphony concerts that I've been to/participated in, I've only gone to one other "real" concert, and that was seeing the Transiberian Orchestra. WOW, that was a cool concert. This time though, we were going to see Loverboy, Pat Benatar, and Journey! We were so excited that we had to make sure we got decked out in our concert apparel.
I'm going to be honest. I've never heard of the music group, Loverboy, but after I heard this song I got all excited! You can check them out here.

Here they are! 
 After them, Pat Benetar came out! I was worried that she wouldn't have that rockin' voice from thirty years ago, but she's still got it! She blew me away!!! For those who don't know who she is and what songs she sings, I bet you will know this one! In fact, she gave my the chilly willies when she sang this song. 


 Pat Benatar and her husband, who is in her band, too.
And last, but certainly not least, JOURNEY came out! Now, for those of you who didn't know,  Journey's original lead singer (Steve Perry) is not with the band anymore. Well, who could replace a voice like his, you ask? 


This guy!
(Arnel Pineda to be exact)

You're probably thinking that this little Philipino man can't possibly measure up to such a voice. 

 But let me tell you...

 If you had your eyes closed and were listening to them perform...
 you'd think it was the original group, with Steve Perry, no joke.
 His voice blew me away! It was amazing of how much talent these people have. The lead guitarist dominated. He was AWESOME!
 But hey, what do I know? You guys can be the judge of whether you like the Journey with Steve Perry, or with Arnel Pineda. Here's a video that I got from last night of Journey performing, "Faithfully". Sorry for the yells throughout. There were a lot of giddy fans singing along and having a ball.
What do you guys think? If you're not convinced, I suggest looking up a more clear recording of their music on youtube. I loved this concert! I am still singing and get all excited the day after because I enjoyed it so much. 
I love music!

No comments:

Post a Comment