Monday, April 23, 2012

Student Teaching is Almost Over

Well, it was officially over on March 30th, but I chose to come in and volunteer for three or so weeks in the classroom (oh, the joys of transiency!) MY last day at my school site is this Wednesday and I am dreading it. You get so attached to these little people that you grow to love them. In preparation of my last day, I wanted to make my kiddos a little something so that they can remember me. 
I decided to be a little creative and ambitious. First, I made each of my 25 little friends a mini box made out of scrapbook paper. Instead of making 12x12 sized boxes, I simply cut the papers into fourths (6x6 boxes) and it worked just fine. Besides, my fingers would be very worn out if I made the normal size for all of my students. 






They all came out really cute and fun sized. For the boys I knew what I was going to do for them with their boxes, but I'll show you after I tell you about the girls' boxes. I was a bit stumped, but I realized that sometimes when you have a lot of extra cut up papers from a previous craft, you can use it for another one! That's what I did for the gals.


 In this case, it was various colors of tissue paper. I just bunched these scalloped-sized tissue papers and hot glued them into the inside of the lid of each box. To top it off, I hot glued a glass bead for the bud of each flower. 


So simple, but oh so cute! 


Who loves discounted Easter candy? Meeee! Well, I got these M & M's and added a little handful to each box. Don't worry, I tried a few M & M's myself and they taste just fine. 





This one happens to be my favorite flower of the bunch.



I also wrote each of them a little note that included a, "Thank you", a memory I have of them, and a wish I have for them. I may have gone a bit overboard, but I think they're worth it and each note is unique to each of them.
I folded each note and put them in a box. I signed them, sealed them, and will deliver them come Wednesday. 




Now, on to the boys....


My Dad happens to be a Hot Wheels collector and he was generous enough to give me a box full of them to give to my boys. He'd ask me every now and then if I had given them away yet and I always gave him the same answer, "No, not yet. I will soon, though." Not knowing when exactly it would be, I finally have a great  time to give them away.


 Voila! The boys' gifts. 

And last, but certainly not least, I made my cooperating teacher's gift. I found this awesome Monogram for teachers idea on Pinterest and I decided to be daring and do it! Boy am I glad I did it. It came out adorable and I know she will like it. 
So sorry for the glare.
It says, "J is for Ms. Joy, a VERY special teacher!"


 Wish me luck on Wednesday. The water works will probably go down, but I don't care. I will share some more pictures and fun-ness from Wednesday.










1 comment:

  1. Cute crafts! I especially love the crayon monogram. That is a really great idea!

    ReplyDelete